Considering the likelihood that Justin Johnson, the Islanders Senior VP of Corporate Sponsorships, has a Google Alert set up for his name, it feels like a good time to make my case for Skates On A Plane to get an official sponsor or two (or ten).
What’s the payoff for JJ? The world famous Skates On A Plane twitter bump – good for about three (count em, three) new twitter followers every time I mention @JJohnson1969. This first mention was free JJ, but the next one’s gonna cost you.
Now, let’s get down to business.
- On a normal week, we’re looking at a couple thousand hits
- On a week when I post a picture of John Tavares, we’re looking at tens of thousands of hits… the dude is like internet crack and I’m not ashamed to be a part of my readers’ debilitating habit
- I accept cash, credit, personal checks, stock options, barter, merchandise, food, coupons, or best offer
Types Of Businesses To Endorse:
- Small, mom-and-pop shops
- Large, heartless corporations
- Any business ending with “Mart,” “Benz,” “Cola,” “Tube,” or “family Pizzeria”
Types Of Products To Endorse:
- Caffeinated beverages
- Alcoholic beverages
- Caffeinated, alcoholic beverages
- Sports Cars
- Swiss Watches
- Designer Suits
- Anything Deep Fried
Types Of Products That, In A Roundabout Way, Kind Of Make More Sense:
Be The Official…
- Plane Gum of Skates On A Plane
- Camera of Skates On A Plane
- Cell Phone Provider of Skates On A Plane
- Bus Company of Skates On A Plane
- Private Jet Fleet of Skates On A Plane
The ball’s in your court JJ. As for any businesses looking to avoid the middle man, I’ll just say this: You’ll be surprised how far a piece of swag or free food will get you.
Let the bidding war begin.