Instead of his trademark “91,” John Tavares is wearing the number “20” for Team Canada …
A. In honor of Islanders teammate Evgeni Nabokov.
B. To celebrate the 20th anniversary of his first-ever backhand sauce (age 1).
C. Because at a young age, some grumpy old coach told him “you’ll never be a top-20 overall draft pick,” so he spent his youth trying to prove that naysayer wrong.
D. Because Team Canada (and NY Islanders) equipment manager Scott Boggs went on a power trip and told him “you’ll wear what I give you and you’ll like it.”
E. Because 91 Canadian dollars are worth 20 Euros… at least that’s what the taxi driver in Helsinki told him.
- nicolewinterwjposts likes this
- everythingislanders reblogged this from fyeahislanders
- chrischmitt reblogged this from fyeahislanders
- fyeahislanders reblogged this from skatesonaplane
- kfalcor likes this
- skibum2486 reblogged this from skatesonaplane
- nyislandersprincess reblogged this from raminkoff
- raminkoff reblogged this from skatesonaplane
- sleepswithblanketspillows likes this
- honeyhale reblogged this from drewdoughty
- drewdoughty reblogged this from fuckyeahjohntavares
- fuckyeahjohntavares reblogged this from skatesonaplane
- skatesonaplane posted this